Short overview of the company:
Our client now connects over 100,000 industry professionals in all the major studios and leading content makers around the world. Over 5000 film and TV projects have used the system to collaborate more effectively. Making the work better, together.
It is an entertainment technology company that partners with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a trusted suite of secure communication and content management solutions.
They design, develop, and manufacture software and hardware solutions for studios, broadcasters, and film and video production companies.
This company are passionate about inclusion, we want all employees to feel encouraged to be themselves and believe that this inspires creativity and innovation. It is an equal opportunities employer with a focus on inclusivity and equality for all.
What the job is about:
As a Junior/Middle React Engineer, you will be working on the company applications, which power secure collaboration across the television, film and streaming media industries. You will be responsible for iteratively designing and building product features in close collaboration with other Software Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers. You will provide attention to detail and build-in quality every step of the way. You will contribute to the overall application architecture.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be a key contributing Web developer in a cross-functional team;
- Design and implement features on one or more company applications;
- Build shared components across applications;
- Specify and develop interfaces to the company service backend APIs;
- Coordinate with Product teams on feature specification and delivery;
- Coordinate & communicate with local and distributed/overseas team members and stakeholders;
- Mentor other team members on your areas of expertise.
Team and work organization: Our client currently have 4 teams with 5 - 10 professionals in each. They are cross-functional and consist of QA, product people, front-end & back-end developers. People are located in Riga, San Francisco, and Toronto.
IT stack: Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, GraphQL, AppSync, or Amplify,Python, AWS, Encryption and DRM, OAuth2, OIDC, SAML and Federated Authentication, both relational and no-SQL databases.
- Microservice architecture and for iOS TCA
- Platform/Web: microservices
- 80% new development and 20% maintenance and customer support
- The methodology by which work is organized (Agile, Scrum, KANBAN, Waterfall)
- Agile Scrum with 2-week sprints